The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to Avere that they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Collection of Information
We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information (as described below) and the page you request.
Some of the pages on the Site may contain "cookies." A cookie is a small data file that may be sent to your Web browser and stored on your computer. This allows our server to "recognize" you when your computer visits the Site in the future. Most Web browsers can be configured to not accept cookies, or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you. In some instances, Avere may collect non-Personally Identifiable Information (aggregate or demographic data) through cookies.
Avere uses Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes:
- •to provide you with product and service information, demos, and news,
- •to support Avere products and services,
- •to contact you for feedback about Avere products and services,
- •to conduct research about Avere or Avere products and services,
- •to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy, or
- •to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes.
We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the Site and our products and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- •when we have your consent to share the information.
- •if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested (if your information is shared with third parties we will only provide the information reasonably needed to deliver the service, and ask that such companies do not use your information for any other purpose).
- •to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners.
- •if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal safety, the public, or the Site.
- •in connection with a sale or merger with another entity or if Avere should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to another entity.
Avere may also share non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties.
You may correct, amend, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information by contacing us here.
We are committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. Avere takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. While we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us in all cases.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites. Avere is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Avere or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Avere Systems, Inc.
5000 McKnight Road, Suite 404
Pittsburgh, PA 15237