Information for Avere Press Coverage
Founded in January 2008, Avere Systems is radically changing the economics of data storage. Avere’s solutions give companies – for the first time – the ability to put an end to the rising cost and complexity of data storage and compute by allowing customers the freedom to store files anywhere in the cloud or on premises without sacrificing the performance, availability or security of their data.
Based in Pittsburgh, Avere is led by veterans and thought leaders in the data storage industry and is backed by investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Tenaya Capital, and Western Digital.
Key Company Facts
- Six of the world’s 8 largest tech companies run critical applications on Avere or are partners
- Four of the top 8 most profitable US companies run mission-critical applications on Avere or are partners
- Four of the 5 2017 Oscar Visual Effects nominees use Avere
- Thirty of the top 33 world blockbusters of 2016 used special effects made possible by Avere
- Leading hedge funds use Avere for analytics and modeling in the cloud
- Avere’s customers and partners support the Cancer Moonshot initiative
- Two of Forbes top 5 biotech companies use Avere for genomic sequencing
- Highly recognized US government agencies including CDC, Library of Congress and NASA use Avere