Avere FXT Edge Filer 5850
The FXT Edge Filer 5850 is an all-Flash high capacity, high performance tiered storage appliance for primary workloads in enterprise environments supporting analytics, research and development, rendering and more.
Compared to earlier FXT models, the FXT 5850 has double the DRAM and SSD capacity, 2.5 times higher network bandwidth, and over 2x the performance.
- Scalable to 24 nodes for performance and capacity scaling
- HA failover with mirrored writes
- Redundant network ports and power
- NFS, SMB, and multi-protocol data access
- Easy to Manage GUI Interface
- Email Alerts
- XML-RPC interface
Fastest and Most Efficient NAS
You won’t believe it’s the same storage! The Avere FXT 5850 Edge filer makes your current network attached storage (NAS) unrecognizable with high performance, an all-Flash tier, and high efficiency.
With the right configuration of FXT 5850 Edge filer nodes, you can support high throughput requirements, top getattr and read performance at an efficient cost per GB.
Common Use Cases
Avere FXT 5850 Edge filers can add a cloud-ready storage tier to many enterprise workflows that demand performance, including genomic analysis, financial simulations, rendering, seismic processing, software development, and more.
These models can be found installed in many industries to:
- Provide seamless access to public cloud storage resources
- Move large quantities of data from NAS-to-NAS or NAS-to-Object resources for upgrades, migrations, and data center consolidations
- Optimize performance of existing NAS storage to avoid expensive upgrades or expansion of storage infrastructure
- Build a modern, cloud-enabled infrastructure with the ability to integrate private object storage with existing environments
- Reduce latencies commonly experience in HPC and grid computing (distributed computing) environments
Grow your cluster easily. Installations of the FXT 5850 scale to up to 24 nodes. For high availability, a 3-node cluster is a recommended starting configuration.
- 768GB DRAM
- 4GB NVRAM
- 19.2TB Flash SSD
- 4 x 25/10Gb ports
- 4 x 1Gb ports
- Height: 1RU